KG Hypnobirthing Course – For The Best Birth For You And Your Baby
This Hypnobirthing course teaches you how-to work with your body during childbirth as a result eliminating fear and tension.
Hypnobirthing is both relaxing and enjoyable for you and your partner and the techniques can be used in other areas of your life too.
Hypnobirthing changed my attitude towards the birth of my child dramatically. An event that I was secretly dreading turned into something that I was really looking forward to..”
The Hypnobirthing Course
This group course runs over 3 weekends giving you and your partner time to practice the techniques at home and have any questions answered.
What’s covered in the Hypnobirthing Course?
The course covers the following;
- What happens in labour and birth and how fear can affect the natural process
- You learn self hypnosis to achieve deep relaxation
- Practice visualisation techniques to aid labour and birth
- Breathing techniques to help relax you, work with surges (contractions) and to birth your baby
- Massage techniques to create endorphins – your body’s own natural painkillers
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour if you go over your “due date”
- How to prepare for birth physically
- Birthing positions
- Partners are shown how to be involved and how to look after you in labour
- How to prepare your birth plan
When should I start?
It is never too early or too late to enrol for Hypnobirthing and reap the benefits for a calm and peaceful birth. You can start anytime from your 20 week scan most couples start 2-3 months before the birth, leaving plenty of time for practice.
What’s included in the course?
- Course fee includes you and your partner
- The Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves
- Course hand-outs
- CD or MP3 tracks to use during pregnancy and labour
Birthing partners are encouraged to come but Hypnobirthing mums are able to learn and use all the relaxations and techniques perfectly well on their own.
I had a beautiful birth, such a wonderful memory and I know the majority of that was due to your teaching and support. I had only one paracetamol and a relatively short birth, after which was amazing. I used your tips and ensured I followed my bodies lead. The home practice mp3’s worked wonders in helping me get into my own birth zone. Thank you Jayne’
Purley Quaker Hall, Downs Court Road, Purley CR8 1BE (map)
Conveniently located near Purley train station there is also roadside parking available.