Award Winning TENS Machine For Pain Relief During Labour
You may be wondering whether or not a woman should consider using a TENS machine for pain relief during labour.
If you are looking for a safe drug-free kind of pain relief that you can use in the early stages of labour, then a TENS may be something to consider.
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. A TENS machine works by sending mild electrical impulses to sticky pads on your lower back electrical pulses stimulate nerves that run to the spinal cord and block the transmission of pain during contractions. A TENS machine may also work by providing a distraction and restoring a sense of control, both of which may lessen the anxiety.
The overall consensus from women I have spoken with over the years who have used a TENS machine during childbirth was that it made a difference. Some were saying that they noticed just how much of a difference when they turned it off!!
You can use a TENS machine with other methods of pain relief (including medication), but you can't use this in water.
My personal choice and the no. 1 choice for Mums is the Award Winning TENS from ELLE
- Pre-set modes for ease of use
- Integrated boost button for contractions. Dimensions: 3 x 5.50 x 11.5 cm
- Optimax Technology for extra power – combatting labour pain
- Supplied with instructions, electrodes and batteries – everything you need for the Elle TENS
- Safe and easy to use, with no side-effects for the mother or baby
The ELLE TENS is only available in the UK.